The 2016 Los Angeles Home Improvement Expo was a showcase of the latest trends in kitchens, cabinets, countertops, flooring, bathrooms, and more. Companies, product and service suppliers, exhibitors, and homeowners were gathered together in one roof to show support to a major community event, as well as listen to professionals who were there to share their expertise in the home improvement field. Homeowners got the opportunity to ask questions from them about the suitable choice of material or style for their home. Contractors were also available for questions and discussions.
Knowledge of home improvement ideas and trends helps one learn how to create simple, modern, or complicated house designs and save time and money to hire a home designer, especially if you’re planning to just redecorate your home on a budget. Here are some cheap DIY home remodeling ideas you might like.
- Paint your room with something bright for an upgrade. Beige or virgin white will do. Painting with a brush or roller isn’t that very hard to learn. Just read the how-to instructions before starting your project.
- If you want to fix those slippery stairs, make your own stair runner. You can use two table runners and weave them together. Choose ones that are not glossy and smooth, ones with texture and color.
- Save water, electricity, and cost for a plumber if you install an energy-saving dishwasher yourself. It is said that you are using up 40% more water when you wash dishes by hand!
- Who says you can’t paint floors? Yes, you can. Use light colors to do a floor makeover on your dark red bedroom floor tiles. That’s half the cost you’ll spend if you pay for a refinishing job.
- Install ceiling fans in your living, dining, or bedrooms so you won’t have to turn on the air conditioner even if the warmth is tolerable. Air from ceiling fans produces a cool breeze. In the winter, it spreads heated air to keep the room temperature warm.
These are only a few of the many budget ideas you can do for your home. If you want to share your own ideas, please comment below. Have fun redecorating your home!